Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cookbooks and Cooking Books

About a year ago I started reading some of the many mysteries and other stories that include food or recipes in their story. Yeah, about the time I started blogging and reading blogs. I'm not surprised as I have always enjoyed reading cookbooks. I got my first cookbook at the beginning of my being in 4H, or about ten years old. I was to get a cookbook each year after this. These were all the single topic Betty crocker cookbooks. Still on my shelf and very worn.......




Getting out these books again has me wanting Scalloped Potatoes even more.....
Hmm that is a recipe I have remastered  millions of ways.  Tonight's scalloped potatoes

          Scallop Potatoes with chives
serves 4
four small or two large potatoes(PEI or Maine )
1 small onion diced
4-6 Tbs butter
1C milk (I used 2%)
2Tbs flour
salt and pepper
2Tbs dried chives
(fresh would be nice but we are not going to see those before spring:( )

Peel potatoes and slice very thin
Layer potatoes, onion, flour, seasonings
in a small casserole dish  dot with butter
Pour milk over the top and bake for 30 min. at 350

first layer

No comments:

Post a Comment