Monday, April 19, 2010

March winds, April ...Living a simpler life....

Well I haven't forgotten this blog but after the March winds left me with a week without power.
I returned to a blog with a bug. I think we are through all of the messy times and now ready to settle down to spring showers and my simple life. Oh yes, that simple life I think I have been living
well let's begin with "the coffeepot."
In November my 7-8year old leaky Bunn coffeemaker no longer heated coffee on the warmer plate and then one day the switch fell out, I decided it was time to say goodby to that coffeemaker.
After pricing a new one ($100 plus) my simple goals told me to use one of the two coffee makers I had in the house. Especially since one of them was the $10 pot I had used only a few times at school. Well I used this coffeepot from Nov. until Feb. the coffee while not great, was ok. In February one of the alternative pots I had been thinking of went on sale at a discounter in the area so I spent the $20 on a $40-$50 coffeemaker. It made the same ok coffee and I was glad I hadn't spent the full price. Last Friday am with showers on the outside, slightly cool weather, I hear a click and then what sounds like rain in the kitchen. Well the broken button on the "new"
coffeepot had let go and coffee was pouring down my counter into the drawer and floor below.
That was it ! Off to Walmart for a new Bunn coffeemaker......

No comments:

Post a Comment